4 March 2007

Trip to Milan

19/11/06-20/11/06

-Caught the earliest flight to Milan-Bergamo Airport. Bergamo is a small airport, but it is not too far away from the city of Milano

- Took the airport shuttle to the Statione Centro

- Met up my two friends in Milan. Apparently, they have already done heaps of shopping the day before I arrived. They have been to Prada, Gucci... etc... you name them, they've probably been there!!

- Then, decided to have a very nice Italian lunch, so we went to this posh restaurant and I had a salad called San Remo

- Finally, I was shown how to take the metro (underground train), and we went to Duomo, there's the Duomo Cathedral, and Piazza Duomo

- Those two girls just went crazy with their camers when we got there, started taking a couple of pictures and then the nice shops finally caught their attention and there we go... shopping!!!

-We basically shopped the whole day and the girls just couldn't get enough. We went to almost every single shop.... and of course my friends came out with bunches of stuffs in the hands.

-After all the shopping, we decided to have dinner (by the time, it was almost 8pm) and we went to this Italian Restaurant which my friends said it is always packed of people, and that it must be quite a nice place to have dinner.

- We ordered a salami piazza, seafood spaghetti, a salad and a bottle of red wine. God... that wine is a very good wine. Me and my friend just finished the whole bottle between the two of us.





The one thing I noticed when I was shopping in Milan, is that Italian (or Milanian) seem to love shopping with their dogs. Normally, dogs won't be allowed into any shops... but you can see people taking their dogs into those Gucci ... Prada shops... I think it is just eye-opening. And Italian men... oh... they are quite good looking and well dressed.... and they love shopping as well... I could see quite a lot of guys shopping with their dogs as well. I guess shopping with dogs is just another fashion statment in Milano.

Talking about those shops... all the shops in Milan are just hugh... and just a Zara store would have at least 5 stories... so you can imagine the other shops... but regardless of the size of the shop... they are still packed with people and their dogs!!

The trip to Milan is an eye opening experience, but I would really like to go there with my partner, Yvonne. When I was there shopping with my friends, I could just imagine how excited Yvonne would be when she sees all those things...... and I am sure I will bring her there one day.

No comments: